Jenkins Electric, a Charlotte-based electro-mechanical repair company, is looking for an experienced Manual Machinist. This is a ‘job-shop’ environment that requires the operation of manual lathes for a range of industrial parts. Candidates for the position must be mechanically inclined, with a demonstrated aptitude for mechanical measurement. Experience in a similar machine shop or motor shop environment is a plus. Welding experience is a plus.
- Experience running manual lathes and milling machines
- Must have manual machining background
- Ability to read micrometers accurately
- Experience repairing component for rotating machinery
- Some overtime and travel required
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required.
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Ability to use the following tools: micrometer, caliper, basic measuring tools
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to 30 pounds. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hard hats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We’re taking critical steps in response to COVID-19.
Jenkins is an equal opportunity employer.