Provides financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts; preparing reports.
- Work under the supervision of the VP of Finance
- Reconcile bank accounts with general ledger accounts
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports, will work on special projects
- Correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries
- Prepare adjusting entries for amortizations of prepaid expenses and prepares fixed asset depreciation and accruals
- Weekly analyses of payroll reports and prepare corresponding journal entries
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures; comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Reconcile ledgers, monthly and quarterly
- Month-end and year-end closing
- Assist in completing audits
- Coordinate payment of credit cards and book expenses to proper account
- Record day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process
- Complete monthly sales tax filing
- Act as backup for accounts payable, customer deposits, and other office activities
- Serve as a payroll processing back-up
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Accurate reporting
- Attention to detail
- Practice confidentiality
- Timely problem solver
- Team player
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Office
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency in written/spoken English
- Professional/Positive attitude and behavior
- Work well with others to meet tight deadlines
THOSE DEDICATED TO DOING THINGS RIGHT NEED APPLY.
At Jenkins, our people are what power us. So, we want to ensure that every employee is empowered to learn, grow, and put their skills to good use. It’s why we invest in continuing education for those on the Jenkins team who are interested and encourage engineers and technicians to work together to create new solutions.
We have a saying at Jenkins: “Proud of our history. Dedicated to our work. Committed to our people.” We believe in it wholeheartedly, which is why you’ll find it throughout our company- on our building, business cards and service trucks. To us, they’re not just words, they’re how we operate. It explains why we have first-and second-generation employees working side by side, why you’ll find those who have “retired” still on our shop floor, and why when customers and competitors alike have an electromechanical problem, they Call Jenkins.
Jenkins is an equal opportunity employer.