Jenkins is looking for an experienced Industrial Controls Engineer / PLC Programmer to join our team. To be successful in this role, one must be able to deliver on schedule, have a desire to make a lasting impact on a key area of business, and work well in a team environment.
If you are a customer-focused, self-motivated, problem solver that is looking to join a team of like-minded people, you are in the right place.
- Develop electrical design, schematics, and drawings in AutoCAD
- Develop electrical bill of materials
- Commission electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications
- Give technical direction to assemblers and technicians as required
- Design and develop PLC and HMI applications based on given requirements and specifications
- Experience with Schneider, Allen Bradley, Beckhoff, and/or WAGO PLCs a plus
- Experience with Schneider, Allen Bradley, and/or Maple Systems HMIs a plus
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites on occasion. Travel is typically less than 15%.
- AS or higher degree in engineering or related technical discipline preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the automation industry
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Familiarity with NFPA 70 (NEC), NFPA 79, UL 508A, and UL 698A a plus
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting control systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and work in a supportive team atmosphere
- Detailed oriented with the skills to adapt and change in a fast-paced environment
- MS Office 2010 (Excel, Word, Outlook) and general computer literacy
- Willing to perform other tasks (not listed above) as assigned by the Foremen. An attitude of “that’s not my job” conflicts with our goal of serving our customers in a timely manner, and will not be tolerated.
- Share knowledge with co-workers that will help them complete their projects efficiently and accurately.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with co-workers.
- Maintain a record of consistent attendance, stay on task during work hours, and be willing to work overtime when asked by the department foreman. (Attendance Expectation: M-F 8am – 5:00pm)
- Provide feedback to company management on areas where improvements can be made.
- Represent the company favorably in interactions with customers and vendors.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees as assigned.
- Perform all activities using proper safety equipment and procedures. Provide feedback to company management regarding unsafe equipment and procedures as appropriate.
Jenkins Electric is a respected provider of electro-mechanical repair products, test systems and technical knowledge to the electric motor and generator repair/maintenance industry. Since 1907, we have been an engineering innovator and solutions provider, leveraging over a century of hands-on repair experience with new technology to provide products that are intuitive to operate and provide valuable data.
Our Electric Motor Test and Monitoring products have used LabVIEW for data acquisition and display since the early 1990’s. In the decades since, we expanded our use of LabVIEW as a NI Systems Integrator under the name Nexjen Systems. Three years ago, we sold the general integration practice of Nexjen Systems in order to focus our test and monitoring efforts on the critical assets that our industrial customer base relies on. This evolution was largely influenced by the growing adoption of IIOT by manufacturing and utility companies.
Jenkins is a market leader in electric motor test systems used in repair and maintenance facilities worldwide and is the only manufacturer of industrial-grade LabVIEW based systems. It is our goal to become a leader in providing the systems necessary to monitor critical electro-mechanical equipment in operation as well.
Jenkins is an equal opportunity employer.