Motor test systems
Operating primarily as a motor repair shop since 1907, we developed our line of Motor Test Supplies and Test Documentation Software for our shop and those of fellow companies. Handling a wide range of motors, our equipment is built to be rugged and is field proven. We’ve also included software diagnostics capabilities. With a half century of ingenuity at its core, our system’s operational design is configured to protect the operator, the motor and the input supply while providing full test documentation.
- System enclosure designed to conserve
shop floor space
- Simple controls for ease of use
- Eye-level 17” HMI touch screen
- Continuous display of outputs during operation
- Software interfaces with the system metering, PLC and Soft Starter
- Supplemental 32” flat screen display provided for remote mounting and viewing
- System operational conflict warnings/alarm indicate problems on the HMI display
- Displays system input and output voltages, currents, frequency and tachometer readings
- If motor is being load tested on a dynamometer, running values will be displayed
- Test data from optional peripheral equipment automatically downloads and incorporates into test report database
- Key switch provided to prevent unauthorized system usage
- Push-button activated supply with red LED strobe lamp illuminating panel output
- Operational training tutorials, user guide, suggested test methods and system component manuals are stored on TDS system computer
- A 5” X 7” "DANGER – HIGH VOLTAGE" sign mounted on each side of enclosure
- Running values displayed if motor load-testing is on a dynamometer
Repair questions unanswered?
Test Documentation Upgrades
Our standard test documentation package ships with a PC and printer, displays real-time AC and DC meter data during tests, records data to a searchable test database, and prints a test report to be kept on file or provided to the client. Test reports can be directly saved to job folders.
Temperature & Vibration Module
This portable data acquisition system connects to the test documentation PC via a USB cable and includes ports for six accelerometers, four thermocouples and four RTDs. The software upgrade includes the display of temperature and vibration data on the meter screen, and a graphical display of temperature vs. time curves and vibration FFTs.
With a simple connection to an AW dynamometer controller, the test documentation software displays and records mechanical test data including output power, RPM, percent efficiency, percent load and torque. Configuration for a non-AW dynamometer is available and can be quoted separately.
TDS Add-On Modules
Allowing you to upgrade any brand of existing motor test supply, our state-of-the-art Test Documentation System modules bolt to the side of your existing test supply and pull electrical test data from test leads. Can be purchased separately to add onto existing test supply.
Auxiliary AC Supply
Run small motors with a fully variable AC supply from 0-585V
Auxiliary No-load DC Supply
Run small or no-load DC motors with a fully variable DC supply from 0-585V
Boom-Mounted Test Leads
Provide a safe method for keeping leads out of the way while motors are being tested
We fully support our test systems long after installation, with annual calibration from our
There’s little to worry about with our motor test
systems. After all, they’re designed to last decades without maintenance, and regular software upgrades are available.
Our technicians can ensure that your motor test system is calibrated and performing optimally with scheduled routine maintenance.
We’ve been fostering excellence
in electromechanical repair and test since 1907.